What belongs on a writer's blog?

Jessica Faust over on Book Ends started a discussion on what readers look for in writer's blogs. Not on the websites for their books, mind you, but blogs or social media.

The comments are particularly informative, and timely for me. I've only had my blog up since May, so I've spent a lot of time introducing my current projects, and also put up some (hopefully) helpful resources. I've been a little hesitant to post too many personal things (no, not like those kinds of personal things) like what goes on in my life when I'm not writing.

From the comments, it sounds like a lot of readers are looking for some way to connect with an author, whether that be inside information on their individual writing process or things they find humorous. So I think I'll let loose a little bit more in the days to come.

That sounded more provocative than I meant it to . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment