RTW: Downed Wood and Boulders

I've been parked on the side of the Road Trip Wednesday for awhile, but today's topic caught my eye and I'm in! Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors and followers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: Pictures that inspire your WIP

I have loads of pictures for Crow's Rest, but now that it's a finished book I suppose I'll have to feature some other work. I did a photo shoot a month ago for fall color, and there's one image that's really haunting me (click on it to see it larger).


Not fifty feet behind me was a road lined with cars and photographers, taking pictures of the aspens lining the roadway.

I followed a trickle of snow melt into this clearing of downed wood and boulders. So eerie and hushed, and lit like a stained glass window.

(If you've read The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, think Cabeswater of the Sierras)

So although I don't have an actual WIP inspired by this photo yet, I can feel a little sprout of something starting.

Feel free to put a link to your post in the comments if you played along with Road Trip Wednesday. Don't forget to go to the YA Highway post and read all the answers!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great shot, and how serendipitous in the finding!

Post a Comment