What A Weight Off My Shoulders!

So I cut my hair shorter. Here's how I looked on our vacation at the end of September. I'm the one on the left.


And here's the photo we took this weekend:



It's hard to tell since I'm wearing a jacket in the first pic, but I chopped about 6-7" off. And let me tell you, I wasn't aware of how much the extra length was bothering me until it was gone.

Here comes the writing metaphor: I've been working on a rewrite, and large chunks of text no longer fit the new direction the book is going. Rather than force some kind of transitional wordage to link the old parts and the new parts, I've been deleting entire chapters and starting from scratch.

It was intimidating to even consider it at first, but it's been so liberating since I've done it.

P.S. Here's a bonus pic--I couldn't work it into the writing metaphor, but I love this one! It's a sweet potato I grew.

3 comments:

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Great hair, great metaphor, and great potato that's huge!

As for the cutting, it's crazy how, at first, you kinda freak out about it, and then once you've done it you're like "Yay... what else can I do?" Glad things are going well! :)

Anonymous said...

That's the largest sweet potato I've ever seen!!!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I know, Robyn! I still haven't gotten the nerve up to cut into it. Him?

Post a Comment