This year, I won't be able to hold the Pens for Paws Auction in the spring, but I found a gap in my schedule for July. So it's on for July 14-19, yay! But I'm worried that people will already be committed for their charity activities if I wait until summer to send out requests, so I'll be sending them out over the next month or so during breaks in my WIP revisions.
If you'd like to donate, here is the info:
After raising over $2,200 dollars for Fat Kitty City in 2013, let's make 2014 even bigger for the Pens for Paws Auction! Items will be posted on the Pens for Paws blog from July 14 through the 18th, with bidding open for TWO days on each item.
Donations will be accepted through July 10, but the earlier you can let me know what you'd like to donate the better, so that I can get everything scheduled ahead of time. Please keep the following in mind as you consider what you would like to donate:
- The donor is responsible for postage/mailing their item to the winner. Please take that into consideration for the value of your item.
- Minimum bids will not be set on any items. This may mean that your item goes for less than you expected, but it also allows people (including kids) who may not have as much funds available to participate
- Books: signed editions, ARCs, swag (bookmarks, postcards, tie-ins), etc. In addition to individual writers stepping up, we've also had group bloggers, or writers from the same publisher, offer a collection of books and that's a lot of fun.
- Critiques or editorial services: these generate a lot of interest on their own, or you may want to donate a critique along with your book. Or, maybe you know your agent loves animals too and think they're more likely to say yes to offering a critique if one of their clients is asking, you can go in on a critique with them.
- Artwork: prints, jewelry, crochet, knitwork, custom art or web design. Remember you will likely be mailing it, so large items or fragile items may not be the best choice.
- Your item does not need to be cat- or pet-oriented--it's all good!
What is the item you'd like to donate? (short description for listing title)
Your name (as you wish it to appear in the listing)
Your contact info (email address is fine; if you need a tax letter, we will need a mailing address. No addresses are added to a list--they will be used strictly for correspondence regarding your item)
Item description (for the actual listing--may include whether it's signed, a special edition, back copy of book, etc)
Ship to U.S. addresses only, or open internationally? (obviously not an issue with items that will be fulfilled electronically, but international postage can add up so some donors choose to limit the shipping domestically)
Attaching a photo? You may also include a link to the photo you'd like to use if it's already on the web.