Check Out My Haul!

We had an RTW a few weeks back that asked, "Where do you buy your books?" and I mentioned that we hit the local library book sales a few times a year. And this is why it's worth it for us to go all the way to Sacramento:



64 YA books for $24!!! And yes, those are first editions of The Poison Eaters by Holly Black and Wonderful Alexander and the Catwings by Le Guin, thank you for asking:



And some contemporaries and a few anthologies/collections:



Of course, most of these have library markings (although once the mylar comes off, so do the markings), but that doesn't interfere with reading them one bit. So if you have read any of these, any nominations of which ones should go to the top of the list? If you click on the photos, it opens them bigger and makes it easier to see what's in those towering stacks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going to library sales. I haven't been to one in a while, though. Also, I don't recognize any of the titles you have.

Happy reading.

Angie said...

AWesome! I go to the HPB sale these days and get lots of titles for about 1-2$. This looks like a great idea too though!

Don't think I recognize any of the titles either, though they're a little hard to see. :)

J.C. Boyd said...

Universities do a lot of book sales/giveaways. Not usually any contemporary books, but I was able to find some Chaucer and a few other oldies.

Kris Atkins said...

Wowsers, what a haul! I'm so jealous. I don't recognize any of those titles off-hand, but I'm sure you'll have fun diving in!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Some of these are old favorites (like Gypsy Ryzka by Lloyd Alexander), but most are destined for nephews' and nieces' birthdays and Christmas. I try to read all of them before I give them, to make sure they're appropriate (okay, and to sort out which ones I want to keep!) and a good read.

Post a Comment