RTW: Riding Wildfire

Have I really not done a Road Trip Wednesday since January? Wow, that's a long time to be parked on the side of the road! Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors and followers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: What song would you love to see a book based on?

This was a total no-brainer for me--I thought of one song immediately.

A little background: I was completely horse crazy as a kid. Dog crazy too. I could recite and identify every breed of horse or dog, thanks to enablers in my family who kept me supplied with encyclopedias and picture books. Still have some of those books, except for the ones I lent to a friend for a school report and never got back before she moved (Lisa, I still want those back! --shakes fist--)

So with that backstory, you'll understand why I'd love to see this song made into a book. It's already pretty much a story, how hard could it be?


<
And as a bonus, I'm including a song that is a fantastic companion to my book--in fact, I've approached her about using it for a book trailer.



Feel free to put a link to your post in the comments if you played along with Road Trip Wednesday. Don't forget to go to the YA Highway post and read all the answers!

1 comments:

Kris Atkins said...

I love that "Firethief" song. And since you said it fits your WIP so well, I'm really intrigued. The lyrics and the melody are so haunting. Haunting songs are my favorite.

Post a Comment