RTW: Across December

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors and followers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: What's the best book you read in December?


I did a lot of writing this month (finished my draft of Crow's Rest, yay!) so I didn't do much reading. I did find a few steamy romance ebooks for free that fell under a "guilty pleasures" heading, but I only read one YA book in December. We actually started it on audio in November on a real-life road trip but didn't get to finish it. Bought a hardcopy with my Amazon gift card so I could find out how it ends:








Across the Universe by Beth Revis has popped up on others' RTWs in the past, but I'm glad I waited to read it. The third book in the trilogy comes out this month, so I won't have a horribly long wait to see what happens! Of course, I need to find time to read the second one before the 15th.




Feel free to put a link to your post in the comments if you played along with Road Trip Wednesday. Don't forget to go to the YA Highway post and read all the answers!

5 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

You're so lucky that you don't have to wait long between books. That's the worst! :) I read ACROSS THE UNIVERSE not long after it came out and really enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she wraps everything up in the final installment.

Colin Smith said...

I really enjoyed ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, and was very disappointed when I reached the end. Not that the ending is bad (far from it), but that I turned the last page on the book and there wasn't any more! :) I have yet to read the second installment, but I plan to--and the third when it comes out. Maybe I'll get them both at the same time and read them back-to-back.

Great choice, Angelica! Here's mine.

Ava Z. said...

I didn't get to read anything this December because I was busy studying for finals and my brain just needed a vacation away afterward.

I am generally the last person in the world to read a series because I want to wait until it's complete so I can be totally engulfed in the characters and setting and story. I have seen other bloggers talking about this series and I think I'll start looking for my own copy. I've heard good things about it.

Angie said...

Loved Across The Universe and the second one, eagerly waiting for the third. I have some steamy romance recs if you're interested (a couple of friends have been hitting the NYT lists with their SP'd books!). I did manage to finish my novel earlier in the year - and now I'm revising AGAIN!!! Grr... it never stops. GL with the new book!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Thanks for all the comments! My TBR list always increases with these things--good thing there are only 12 in a year!

Post a Comment