Pre-script: I mentioned I'd have a big announcement this week, and as big as this is, it's not it. That will come tomorrow, so check back! Now on to today's post:
Last year, I decided I needed to do something extra to help out the cat sanctuary where I volunteer, Fat Kitty City. I started up the Pens for Paws Auction and contacted agents, authors, and artists to see if they'd like to donate items to help out. And the response was overwhelming! So many great items to bid on, and we raised over $2,600 in much-needed funds. So I'm running the auction again this year and am now accepting donations:
Let's make 2013 even bigger for the Pens for Paws Auction! Items will be posted on this blog from March 12th through the 16th, with bidding open for TWO days on each item.
Donations will be accepted through March 10, but the earlier you can let me know what you'd like to donate the better, so that I can get everything scheduled ahead of time. Please keep the following in mind as you consider what you would like to donate:
- The donor is responsible for postage/mailing their item to the winner. Please take that into consideration for the value of your item.
- Minimum bids will not be set on any items. This may mean that your item goes for less than you expected, but it also allows people (including kids) who may not have as much funds available to participate
- Books: signed editions, ARCs, swag (bookmarks, postcards, tie-ins), etc
- Critiques or editorial services: these generate a lot of interest on their own, or you may want to donate a critique along with your book
- Artwork: prints, jewelry, crochet, knitwork, custom art or web design
- Your item does not need to be cat- or pet-oriented--it's all good!
What is the item you'd like to donate? (short description for listing title)
Your name (as you wish it to appear in the listing)
Your contact info (email address is fine; if you need a tax letter, we will need a mailing address. No addresses are added to a list--they will be used strictly for correspondence regarding your item)
Item description (for the actual listing--may include whether it's signed, a special edition, back copy of book, etc)
Ship to U.S. addresses only, or open internationally? (obviously not an issue with items that will be fulfilled electronically, but international postage can add up so some donors choose to limit the shipping domestically)
Attaching a photo? You may also include a link to the photo you'd like to use if it's already on the web.