FIDO: ever faithful

Zombies seem to be everywhere these days, so my husband rolled his eyes when I put in the disc for FIDO, another zombie movie. But we both ended up liking this one. Zombies give me the heebie-jeebies, but I can tolerate them better with a dose of humor.

FIDO delivers on the wry humor (I almost said "tongue-in-cheek" but that takes on a different tone when you're talking zombies)--like Pleasantville meets Shaun of the Dead (another must-see that I've blogged about), which sounds like an odd mix but actually works. I was surprised when I looked back and saw that it got an R rating for "zombie related violence." I've seen gorier movies with a PG-13 rating.

Here's the trailer:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm...looks interesting, but im not much for zombies lately...i'd have to be in the mood for it, but i'll keep it in mind.

PS...you might want to jog over to my blog...you might find my Friday Five post from a couple weeks ago interesting. just saying :)
http://karlanellenbach-lastword.blogspot.com/2011/02/this-friday-five-brought-to-you-by.html

Angelica R. Jackson said...

{slinks over to Karla's website}

Woo hoo, I won the J.D.Robb books! Thanks, Karla!

And yes, you should be in the proper mood for this movie--like not when you're eating a big rare steak.

Christina Mercer said...

Yikes, (and yuck), zombies! I'm not a big zombie fan, but I can't help notice the fascination so many people have with them (including my own sons! gads!)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Christina, your sons are exactly the right age to appreciate this film--enough action to keep them interested, but some subtle humor that they probably wouldn't catch at a younger age.

RAD - Dot Painter said...

Eww. But it was like driving by an accident, you can't help but look. :) Rachel

Post a Comment