RTW: Favorite Line

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors and followers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on thier blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: What is your favorite line from your WIP (or from a book you read recently)?

From Spirits from the Vasty Deep, my YA paranormal/historical, it's still this one from Captain Lee:

"You're mightily well-preserved for a woman old enough to be Miss Herald's mother. Skin like a seagull's breast, you have."

For some context, I did tease from this section a long time ago, and it's still up on the blog.

For a great line I've read recently, I've been catching up on the Bloody Jack books, and there are so many great lines that I can't choose just one!

5 comments:

Kate Hart said...

Ah, someday I hope someone tells me I'm "mightily well-preserved." LOL Too funny.

Kaitlin Ward said...

That's quite an image! I like it.

Brianne Carter said...

Definitely laughed out loud at this, love it!

Jess said...

Haha! That's great!

Joanne said...

I love coming across a great line in a book, the type you have to go back and re-read a couple of times, letting it sink in.

I clicked over from the WOW blog, enjoyed browsing here :)

Post a Comment