Posted by Angelica R. Jackson
So the kind M.J.A. Ware gave me a Stylish Blogger Award (which made me laugh, because although my art background shows in my blog and website, my wardrobe is anything but stylish). Apparently the thing to do is pay it forward to 7 other bloggers, and also post seven things about myself.
First with the all-about-me stuff:
1. I live in a solar home with a fantabulous garden.
2. I went to 9 different schools for kindergarten-12th grade.
3. I worked in a bookstore for 5 years, managing the children's department.
4. I met my husband there, and we've been together nearly 20 years--about half my lifetime!
5. I volunteer at Fat Kitty City, a no-kill sanctuary for cats and dogs. I socialize the kitties and take the photos for the website and blog. We have 2 cats of our own. Also love dogs, but we are currently dogless.
6. I was a professional storyteller for some years, performing at festivals, schools, and libraries.
7. I started out as a music major (voice) in college. Then I discovered my voice was not very remarkable.
And as for my picks for the Stylish Blogger Award, I like unique banners:
Rachel Allen Dillon, crit partner and artist extraordinaire
Angie at Addicted to Books, especially for her banner
Joann Swanson's It's Dark, Dark in Here for her sinister banner
Jill Hathaway for her cool banner at Jill Scribbles
YAtopia for their fun banner
Operation Awesome for their unique look
And Annie McElfresh's blog deserves a shout for the elaborate banner