First Post

I attended a regional conference for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators a few weeks ago and got some helpful ideas for revisions on my novel, as well as meeting some interesting people.

One of the highlights was a workshop on synopses by Brian Farrey, editor at Flux books. As an exercise, he had us do a 4-line synopsis of our book. He had a few people read theirs aloud, and he liked mine!

But this is not just meant as idle bragging; I had a woman come up to me at the end of the day and tell me how much she liked my synopsis, and I realized I had no web presence to send her to for my current writing projects. My website for my photos has been up for several years now, but it doesn't lend itself to a blog-style interactive site.

So I'm starting this blog with the idea that it can hold updates on my current writing projects, as well as furnishing some useful links and information for other writers.

Be welcome, and I hope you find something interesting in the coming posts.

3 comments:

RAD - Dot Painter said...

Welcome to the blog world:)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Thanks, Rachel!

Christina said...

Yes, your synopsis was quite impressive!!

And what a great day hanging out with writing buds ;-).

Post a Comment